Saturday, May 31, 2014

Vegan Cupcakes from Dulce Vegan Bakery & Cafe

Every since I realized that I am highly allergic to dairy, it has been such a battle when it comes to eating out.  At first, I would tell the waiters at restaurants that I was vegan to avoid dairy.  This did not work because most waiters I encountered could care less about what I "chose" not to eat. Finally I just tell people that I am highly allergic and they serve me with more caution.  

I have been a semi-vegetarian for years.  I eat fish and eggs every now and then when I am out but for the most part I am completely vegetarian at home.  I also avoided milk because I simply HATED the taste.  I had no idea that dairy was causing the unexplained allergic reactions I was having.  My doctors would keep me supplied with an arsenal of harsh medications to combat the reactions.  All this makes me think that perhaps I should be vegan...it's much kinder to my body.  More to come on that note as I am cutting more and more things out of my diet all the time...

Now that I know I am allergic to dairy...now comes the realization of the things I can never eat again (the non-vegan variety that is) like sour cream, macaroni and cheese and my favorite...strawberry cupcakes.

One day I decided to Google for vegan bakeries in Atlanta.  I know I can trust vegan establishments.  That's when I came across Dulce Vegan Bakery & Cafe.  I read the website and was excited but it was not until I liked their page on Facebook that I became highly excited.  The pictures of the food and baked goods made me take a trip to Kirkwood to see if I can once again have my beloved strawberry cupcake!

Vegan Cupcakes: Banana Fig, Strawberry and Banana Split
I decided to buy two others to try. I love figs so I tried the banana fig cupcake and I got a discount on the banana split cupcake simply because it was 1 day old...and then of course, THE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKE! It was actually a vanilla cake with strawberries baked inside and strawberry frosting. All three cupcakes were delicious! I have a new place to get cupcakes. Sorry A Piece of Cake, no shade...but Dulce is where it is at for me! I ate all three cupcakes and is still reaction free!

I also plan to try the food and lattes served at Dulce as well. I think it would be a great place to venture out with a girlfriend or date...

Vegan baked goods are totally in!

Until next time my fashion lovelies,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment