Sunday, February 2, 2014

Custom Designed Halter Top & Hobo Bag

I love to come up with new designs and custom sets.  Long ago when I first started crocheting, I designed an uncommon set.  Typically you see hat and scarf sets, sweaters and legwarmer sets...things of that nature.  I have a somewhat bohemian style at times.  It's the hippie in me, I supposed!  I love halter tops and I love hobo bags so I thought, why not put the two together?





You will not believe this but, the yarn I used for this project came from a thrift store.  My mom will pick up yarn when she is at the thrift store if she sees it and brings it home for me.  It's great to have parents that support your artistry!  


For those who are wondering, my hair is styled in 2 strand twists and I promise to post some blogs on my natural hair styling as I get many questions about how I care for my hair.  I also make some of my own products for my hair.  I am also an artist.  I do tattoo artwork and yes, that is my own design in the photo.  Please visit my art blog here!

4 comments:

  1. I can believe it. I've brought yarn out of the thrift store to. That's a smart move. Your halter top and bag is really cut andba good idea because that type of set is unusual. You should do a clutch and dress .Thanks for sharing and keep creating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christinia for your comments! I will definitely think about doing a clutch and dress set! I think that is a gorgeous idea! I also buy sewing patterns from the thrift store for 10 cents!

      Delete
  2. Your complete outfit is so perfect, especially, that tattoo and knitted handbag. I just loved it and I am planning to get it in yellow color.
    Coach Leather Handbags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jammies! Thank you so much for the compliment. Please feel free to reach out to me for anything you wish to order or to just chat about style and fashion!

      Delete