Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Vogue Pattern 2091 Review

Hello again my fellow fashionistas!

I want to review this awesome Donna Karan pattern.  I actually made this dress back maybe about 8 years ago.  Unfortunately that means it is out of print.  So sorry!  Back then I was just making clothes for myself and exploring the possibilities of selling my creations.  I needed a comfortable black dress that could be either dressed up or down preferably in a knit fabric.  I came across this pattern at JoAnn's.



Sorry I do not have a back view of this dress!

I wore the dress to a party along with a shrug that I also crocheted. 


Pattern: v2091 Donna Karan for Vogue (view B)

Description: Pullover tapered dress; mid-knee with right side pleats and close fitting cap sleeves.

Fabric Used: Light weight black knit fabric

Sizing: I cut a size 12 here.  I found Donna Karan patterns to run way small! I wore a size 4 in these pictures but I cut a size 12 in this pattern. 

Instructions: Easy to follow

Changes: I made no changes at all.

Level of Difficulty: I would say that this was a pretty easy pattern to follow. You may need intermediate skills for the pleating.

Timing: This can totally be completed in a couple of hours.

I think this is a great pattern.  The dress was super sexy and well as comfortable.  I got lots of compliments on this one.  I paired it with a black Nine West purse and black Via Spiga Boots (purchased at TJ Maxx).  I also paired this with a crocheted multi-way shrug that I made as well.  I will provide a post on that creation as well!

6 comments:

  1. Great dress, you say you cut a size 12, are the sizes uk or US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica love the simplicity of your little black dress with the crochet shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crochet defo took the dress to another level Erica. You look gorgeous.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! That means a lot coming from you! I love how you put a wardrobe together!

      Delete