Friday, April 18, 2014

Vintage Out Of Print Simplicity 7705 Pattern Review

Dear DIY Stylists,
OK, first let me start off by apologizing for not having a full length photo of this dress.  Yes, I know it is a sin to post this without proper photography and I don't even have the dress anymore to re-take the photo.  I made this dress a long time ago but I think I want to re-make this one out of a different type of fabric.  I really wanted to post this one because I want everyone to know that you can look great for very little money and sometimes little time!

I bought this pattern at...you guessed it...A THRIFT STORE!!! It was 10 cents! The thrift store is my favorite place to go to shop for vintage sewing patterns.  You take a risk in that the pattern may not have all the pieces included but I can risk a dime! I also saved on the fabric which I purchased at Walmart for about $4!

















Pattern: Simplicity 7705 (Out of Print/Vintage)

Description: Wrap dress in 2 lengths - I made this one in the knew length version

Fabric Used: Light weight print - I honestly can't remember what type of fiber...sorry but this is best for light weight cottons, wool and knits.  I think I will try this in a light weight knit next time.

Sizing: The pattern I bought was a size 10; however, this is a wrap dress so you can wrap to fit if you are smaller than the size you find!

Instructions: Easy to follow

Changes: I made no changes at all

Level of Difficulty: Basic sewing skills should be fine for this one...

Timing: This can totally be completed in a couple of hours or less


I received lots of compliments when I first made it.  I love wrap dresses! Thank goodness for DVF for coming up with such a beautiful creation.  I often wore this dress to work with some pumps and I even wore this dress in a family portrait!


I am still amazed that I made this dress for $4.10 a hour of time or so!


Ta Ta for now my lovelies!  I will be back with another DIY style creation...

Much luv
e

4 comments: