Saturday, November 7, 2015

DIY Wall Decor

Hi My DIY Lovelies,

I am back with a new DIY home decor project! So after I left Canada, I had a lot of Canadian change on me. Most of this change I used on my frequent trips back; however, the pennies I knew would not be useful since this copper piece has been abolished in the great white north.  So I was left with a crafty problem...."What can I do with my all my leftover Canadian pennies?"

This is when I decided to turn to my good old friend Pinterest! It was there that I discovered that I could use my old Canadian pennies to make some fancy wall decor and I knew just where to put it...

My kitchen is full rich earthy tones which I knew copper would fit in perfectly.  For this project I followed The Crafted Sparrow's blog.  I had just enough pennies duplicate her project.

Here are the materials that I used:

  • Cardboard Letters
  • My Canadian Pennies, of course!
  • Copper Acrylic Paint
  • Foam Paint
  • Mod Podge
  • Mod Podge Spray Sealer (Matte finish)

First, I painted my letters copper.  You will need to allow the paint to dry before going on to the next step.
Second, I took got my Mod Podge and started to pick out my pennies.  Then I glued away without rhyme or reason, heads up and tails up...Again you will want to allow the Mod Podge to dry before carrying on to the next step.
Third, I sprayed them with the Mod Podge Sealer and then you have the perfect wall art for your home!



One of my pennies did fall off but I glued it back in place without any more casualties!



Let me know what you lovelies think about this DIY home decor project and please share your photos if  you decide to do this as well!
Much luv,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment